1. WHAT INITIALLY INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A HAIR STYLIST?
The actresses of the Italian and French films(neo-realism) like Sophia Lauren, Claudia Cardinale, Silvana Mangano, Brigitte Bardot, and Anouk Aimee. They were, and still are,strong beautiful women that are not afraid of their femininity.
2. WHAT’S THE MOST EXCITING PROJECT YOU HAVE WORKED ON?
The most exiting project I have worked on was the couture special for Italian Vogue. It was about the Chanel vintage collection in Paris shot in Mademoiselle Chanel’s apartment.
3. WHAT IN PARTICULAR WAS IT ABOUT STYLING EDITORIAL AND RUNWAY SHOWS THAT STOLE YOUR FANCY?
I really love editorial and fashion shows becauseI can fully express my vision and point of view about fashion.
4. DO YOU HAVE A “SECRET WISH” JOB? IF YOU HADN’T BECOME A HAIR STYLIST, WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN DOING?
I can’t imagine my life without my profession, but the alternative would be architecture.
5. WHAT IS THE WORLD’S NUMBER ONE HAIR PRODUCT AND WHY?
The world’s number 1 product is Elnett Hairspray, it holds the hair extremely well without leaving residue, and it brushes off. Excellent!
6. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT NEW YORK AND IT’S CREATIVE ENERGY?
What I love about New York is the inspirationI get just by walking down the street; it’s alive, effervescent and modern, with a sense of freedom.
7. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE MODEL/ CELEBRITY TO WORK WITH THROUGHOUT THE YEARS?
My favorite models and celebrities over the years are many, but to name a few: Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Diane Lane and Nicole Kidman.
QUICK RANDOM ONES
DO YOU PREFER BLONDES, BRUNETTES OR RED HEADS?
MOST AMAZING BAR IN NEW YORK?
Boom Boom Bar.
FAVORITE FILM OF ALL TIME?
I could not live without my white rice face powder.
IF YOU COULD BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
My favorite movie of all time is “The Nights of Cabiria”, 1957. Directed by Federico Fellini.
FIRST CELEBRITY CRUSH?
Brooke Shields in “Blue Lagoon”.